The minute I thought of these boots languishing unused, I knew they were next. Yep, they’ve entered the free stuff zone here on my blog as I make my way through 31 days of enough (and you get free stuff).*
I’ve held onto these boots for over a year, just thinking magically they would finally fit. Or that my girls would wear them. And for over a year, they’ve been sitting in the dark wishing for a more important role in the big wide world. I imagine a more creative person could use these decorating a ranch or something. For sure they’d look great paired with jeans for some ‘cowboy’ themed event. And they’d even be fabulous making their way to a UT football game (down here in Austin, the girls even wear boots with shorts to the games ~ you know, we’re the University of Texas Longhorns. Hook’em!)
But I think what they really long for is a starring role with a real cowboy or cowgirl. ;)
Brief history of the boots:
- purchased them off the movie set of Seven Days in Utopia (I miss Utopia …)
- ’1984′ Tony Lama Company Inc. (style 90111)
- black leather … what kind? I dunno, ask a cowboy.
- size 7 ‘D’ (I wear a women’s 7 and they’re super roomie /too big for me)
- sufficiently scuffed up by movie set experts so you won’t look like a ‘townie’ (my cowgirl friends at Cross Brand Cowboy Church introduced me to term ~kinda like a drugstore cowboy. Rest assured, wearing these will give you a smidge of cowboy cred as long as you don’t start feeling sorry for the ‘poor little steers’ at the team roping.)
To enter to win these Tony Lamas, tell me your favorite movie or book in which the characters wear cowboy boots.
This giveaway now closed. Winners announced here!
Remember the rules:
1) Only one entry per giveaway item. 2) You are eligible to win only one item a week. 3) Entries on this item open until 5 pm (CST) on Friday 10/12/12. 4) Winners must live in the contiguous United States. This week’s winners will be announced on Saturdays (10/13) on my blog. Please check your email promptly if you’re announced as a winner.
… and just for fun, I thought we’d let Nancy sing us out today. Cause she’s s a s s y! (Can’t see video? Click here. Check out 2:13 ~ my absolute favorite moment, “Are you ready, boots?” She’s just darling!)
* … why, why, why am I giving away my stuff? Blaming my husband, this book. Moving toward enough.