I have a lot of ideas. Loads of them. And they used to overwhelm me. Because they would pop up and I had no way to understand if it was what I was supposed to do. It took me a while to understand what to do with the big ideas that live in my head. If you’re a dreamer, you know what I mean. So I have a few thoughts to help you know how to follow your heart. And how to find out exactly what to do with those big ideas.
- Let the dream sizzle settle before you jump into action. Give yourself at least 24 – 48 hours to see if that creative brainstorm was just an idea or it was true inspiration.
- Evaluate how the execution of the dream will impact your current schedule. And then double the time. Because everything takes longer in real time than on paper.
- Ask yourself if you’re willing to follow and feed this dream for a year. Or two years. Or more. Ideas are easy – execution is not. It’s so much easier to start something than finish it.
- Ask yourself the hard questions: Is this a dream that has it’s roots in the wrong place? Or with the wrong person? Be willing to get relentless and get a second opinion from someone you trust before jumping in sight unseen.
- Finally, are you being led by peace? If you have that weird discomfort in processing the dream – it’s either not the right timing or it’s not the right thing.