The single greatest cause of homelessness is a profound, catastrophic loss of family ~ Alan Graham
What does it really look like to love your neighbor? What does it look like for you to share your life and somehow be family to people who may not be just like you? Alan Graham answers those questions in profound and practical ways. In 1998, he started a ministry to feed the homeless here in Austin. Since then, he harnessed over 18,000 volunteers to serve over 4,000,000 meals to the hungry.
Oh, yes. That’s amazing but that’s not all. He started a new movement to house the homeless. You gotta watch this video…
Alan is an incredible man and I know you’ll love listening to our conversation in episode 20 of the Dear Daughters podcast.
- Community First! Village
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes Truck Ministry
- Interested in a Street Retreat?
- How about volunteering at MLF?
- Sue Monk Kidd writes about the practice of availability in her book, Firstlight.
- ALAN’S NEW BOOK!!! >> Welcome Home
- Here’s the wonderful Clifton Hayes. :)
- Clifton’s Art here… and here.
- Here’s a few photos of Community First! Village resident micro homes … isn’t it incredible?
- The photo below on the left is from their B&B. (Yes, you can make plans for an overnight visit.) Photo on the right is micro house, Casa Pequeña.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
We wanted to create a place where everybody wants to live, a space that invites everyone. ~ Alan Graham
If we’re casting people away, we’re never going to get to that perfection God desires for us. ~ Alan Graham
Stop telling me that you love me, and start living that you love me. ~ Alan Graham
The sense of awe you get when you see that natural beauty of the Creator, that is how I felt when I went to Community First Village. ~ Susie Davis
CONNECT WITH ALAN