I can’t wait for you to meet Amy!
Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 39.
- God’s using Amy’s talkative, people-loving personality to encourage the people who come into her beautiful shop Euna Mae’s about biblical hospitality.
- Acts 2:46 ~ they gathered with gladness and simplicity in their homes
- Amy’s forthcoming book ~ Love Welcome Serve: Recipes that Gather and Give
- We still don’t know what ‘circle meetings’ really are … do you?
- Granny Euna Mae’s Lemon Glazed Cake
- The purpose statement behind Amy’s book Love Welcome Serve and her intentional kitchening come straight out of 1 Peter 4.8-11. Love others deeply, show hospitality without grumbling, serve others faithfully.
- If you’re looking for someone to capture the happy joyous parts of your life.
- Amy’s ‘banner for biblical living together’ ~ Love Welcome Serve Wood Sign
- If you can show up with a Pound Cake, why wouldn’t you? ;)
- Susie’s signature meal to deliver: Chicken and Rice Soup. Or this favorite Margherita Pizza recipe.
- If you want to give someone a little something to make them smile, these Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips might be just the thing.
- It’s important to have a really good french toast recipe… Here’s Amy’s French Toast Bread Pudding with Berry Maple Syrup and Susie’s Angel Dusted French Toast
- If you aren’t quite clear on what a spiritual director is, give DD podcast episode 33 a listen
- the coziest, sweetest movie Julie & Julia, and Julia Child’s book on baking ~ Baking with Julia
- We’re suckers for some good nesting bowls! Love these sweet vintage ones and this set of five storage bowls from Amy’s store
- Amy’s favorite fall pies : Euna Mae’s fried pies (pictured), coconut cream pie, lemon meringue pie.
- Susie’s Pumpkin Praline Mini Pies
- Our Pie Enneagram : Are you a fruit pie person or a chocolate pie person? ;)
- Thomas Watson’s The Art of Divine Contentment
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Susie’s original prompt to hospitality came from Acts 2:46 – Inviting people over a table at a time
We have confused hospitality and entertaining. I think we’re focusing on all the wrong things. ~ Amy Hannon
Entertaining is having people over because you want the applause of an audience. We’ve put the focus of our hearts on the wrong place. ~ Amy Hannon
With hospitality the focus isn’t on me. It’s on them. It’s in positioning my heart before the Lord and saying, “God, use me. Use my gifts. ” ~ Amy Hannon
Hospitality is about what God can do through me in the lives of other people. ~ Amy Hannon
Anybody can open their home on whatever level they feel comfortable to invest in people and love on them. It doesn’t have to be homemade food! It doesn’t have to be foraged and so fancy! ~ Amy Hannon
Inviting people into your home is inviting people into your own humanity. It’s very personal. It’s almost like opening up your heart to someone when you open your home or your kitchen to them. ~ Susie Davis
Euna Mae used food and her kitchen and her home, as a tool to live life with us. ~ Amy Hannon
With all my dear daughters … I want to love them deeply, welcome them gladly, and serve them faithfully. ~ Susie Davis
This idea of ‘Love Welcome Serve‘ can be a template laid over any part of our lives or callings. ~ Susie Davis
What are those one or two things that you love making in the kitchen? Do those, then don’t worry about those other things you can’t do as well. ~ Susie Davis
If we go to the Lord and we seek Him, why would He not generously give us all things? ~ Amy Hannon
CONNECT WITH AMY
… grateful, grateful for Davis Music sharing their song Youth Hunting for the DD Podcast. :)