Jesus is it.
I met Lisa Whittle years ago through a mutual friend when she was in Austin and discovered we shared a literary agent. Lisa is a truth-teller, a bold communicator and she has a bottom line approach to everything: Pointing people to a passionate pursuit of God.
From church stages to retreat settings to college campuses to rehab facilities, Lisa’s message is always the same: Jesus is it. Aside from writing her own books, she busies herself doing things like advocating for Compassion International and writing for various publications. She is a wife and mother of three who loves design, photography, good food and belly laughter.
- Think you might need a social media break? Read Lisa’s post: When It’s Time to Take a Social Media Fast
- Dear Daughters Episode 3 with my daughter, Sara, when we talk about those not so pretty ‘in-between Instagram moments’ in our life.
- The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Whalen
- When Breath Becomes Air by Abraham Verghese
- I Am: A 60-Day Journey to Knowing Who You Are Because of Who He Is by Michele Cushatt
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- J. D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy
- I love this Lisa Whittle quote/print from RedLetterWords and GOOD NEWS! You can buy anything from Dee’s shop and get 35% off by using ‘susie35’ as a coupon code!!
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Lisa’s thoughts on why you might need to take a social media break ~> You’re not sure you’ll speak with wisdom online. * You don’t trust what you may say online. * When social media takes up so much energy that you’re too weary to spend time with the people you love the most.
If you don’t know whether you should post something online ask yourself, “Does this honor God?” ~ Susie Davis
We don’t have a commitment problem, we have a distraction problem. ~ Lisa Whittle