How are you feeling about those new year resolutions? Already tired underneath the weight? Yeah, I’ve felt it too.
That’s why I’m trying something a little kinder and more centered on this truth: Only God knows the future you. Resolutions, best efforts and inspiration will wane. So when it does, the best new prayer is …
As You wish
Totally got that from The Princess Bride. Not at all concerned about the fact that I somehow made dialogue from a comedy into a prayer. Because this year, I’d love contentment with God to win over any and every best idea or goal I have for my life. I’m digging deep into ‘as You wish’ and ‘Your kingdom come’ in my life. I talk about that and a few other things today on the podcast.
- The Princess Bride
- TED Talk on Leadership with Simon Sinek
- You can find those cooking tutorials on my Facebook page.
- Mimi’s Pumpkin Pie
- Kristi’s Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Podcast with Liz Benigno
- And the one with Kristin Schell
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- That podcast with my daughter, Sara.
- Podcast with Shauna Niequist
- Her book, Present Over Perfect
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Journal notes: May 2017 be …
The people close to you, need your best love and attention.
More journal notes: Are you are leader or gather or implementor or gatherer?
“That day she was amazed to discover that when he was saying as you wish what he meant was I love you.”