Today on the dear daughters podcast, I talk with my very own dear daughter, Sara, about the real life and not so pretty ‘in-between Instagram moments’ in our life. We also unpack how to get through arguments with people you love …
- Sara’s new song on Youth Hunting which is what you hear on the podcast … pure delight.
- That picture on my instagram feed that people were talking about
- Austin Kleon’s books: Show Your Work and Steal Like an Artist
- Julia Cameron’s book on creativity: The Artist Way and Walking in This World ~> I’m reading her newest book It’s Never Too Late.
- Sara went to Redding, California to Bethel Schools
- Sara’s fancy pants aeropress coffee habit … she blames Bradley for that.
- That fantastic coffee shop Bradley works at in Georgetown, Texas.
- The message on Esther that kicked me in the pants.
- John Eldredge’s book: Waking the Dead and Walking with God
- Sara’s favorite family recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Things to Think About
Here’s the cycle Sara and I discovered after our colossal fight:
“If you’re only living for BIG moments, you’re going to be super unhappy.” ~ Sara Davis
“Vulnerability is empowering.” ~ Susie Davis
“Messages that are negative are never from God.” ~ Susie Davis
Connect with Sara
PS> check out Sara and David’s engagement photos and a prayer for the bride-to-be.
PPS>> Sara’s headshot via Emily Boone Photography :)