Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is waste time. ~ Shelly Miller
Meet Shelly, your Sabbath mentor. At least that’s what Myquillyn Smith calls her. Shelly is married to H (yes, his name is one letter!), an Anglican minister who resources church planting in the UK and they are the proud parents of two children, Murielle and Harrison.
When Shelly isn’t at St. Barnabas Church in Kensington, you’ll find her clicking keys at a desk or walking around the city with her camera, exploring new places and meeting people.
I’m excited for you to get to meet her today. Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 24.
- The Vicar of Nibbleswick by Roald Dahl
- Allume Conference via Logan Wolfram
- Here’s a little bit about my pain disorder, RSD.
- Here’s my interview with our mutual friend, Kristin Schell, on the DD podcast.
- Here’s what Jennie Allen and I talked about on our plane ride.
- Shelly’s book, Rhythms of Rest.
- Kristin’s book coming out soon: The Turquoise Table.
- My first book: The Time of Your Life, Finding God’s Rest in your Busy Schedule.
- The repetition of the command to rest in the commandments.
- There are a bunch of easy one-pot dishes for your Sabbath meals in 52 Sunday Suppers, my collaboration with Kristin Schell.
- Here’s where you can find Shelly’s Ebook.
- Kristin Roast Recipe + Susie’s Easy Popovers … and pie to chase it all down!
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
- Lila by Marilyn Robinson
- Breathing Room by Leeanna Tankersley
- Roots and Sky: A Journey Home in Four Seasons by Christie Purifoy
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- This beautiful hardback copy of Heidi from Rifle Paper Co or a trusty paperback for keeping in your purse :)
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- These beautiful hardbacks from the Bronte Sisters.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Baronet’s Song by George MacDonald
- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp. Psalm 131:1
When Jesus died on the cross, it changed the Sabbath from a day of rules to a day of grace. ~ Shelly Miller
Without Sabbath rest, there is a deep loneliness for God. ~ Susie Davis
The more we practice rest, the more we uncover all these beautiful gifts that God has in the Sabbath that are beyond legalism. ~ Shelly Miller
When I rest, I experience an explosion of creative energy and a brightness in my life. ~ Susie Davis
Want to win a signed copy of Shelly’s book? Here’s how:
1) Comment below to let me know how the Dear Daughters Podcast is helping you
(giveaway ends Wednesday April 5th 2017 … winner notified via email :)
CONNECT WITH SHELLY
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast.