I only took one book on vacation this fall. Because well, the aspens were turning and I knew it would have to be one good book to pull me away from porch-sitting and staring out at the front range of the Rocky Mountains. That one book was Sophie Hudson’s Giddy Up, Eunice. It’s hands-down the best reading on the topic of relationship for spiritual mamas and dear daughters. Sophie pulls from important stories in the Bible that highlight why it’s actually in our spiritual DNA to encourage each other cross-generationally.
Sophie is funny, creative and authentic. I really love her. I think you’ll love her too. :)
Meet the ultra delightful Sophie Hudson.
- Giddy Up, Eunice (Because Women Need Each Other)
- A Little Salty Sweet to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family, and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon
- Home is Where My People Are: The Roads That Lead Us to Where We Belong
- Story of Mary and Elizabeth
- Reference to Lois and Eunice
- What’s Voxer?
- What I’m watching on Netflix ~> Parenthood and Heartland
- What Sophie’s watching on Netflix ~> Friday Night Lights, Chef’s Table and Mad Men
- What’s the deal with writer’s using sticky notes on the wall?
- Want to be on Sophie’s kitchen sink team? Yeah, me too.
- Are you a spiritual mama? Join our FB group.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
We need people of all ages in our lives who will listen, encourage, and pray. ~ Sophie Hudson
When the Holy Spirit in one woman recognizes and responds to the Holy Spirit in another woman, safe places become sacred places. ~ Sophie Hudson
What are the tokens that remind you of the people you love most? (Sophie’s is her grandma’s kitchen sink.)
When the Holy Spirit gives you compassion for someone, it really doesn’t matter how many years stand between your respective dates of birth. All that matters is responding to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and recognizing that any opportunity to speak into someone’s life, bless them, pray for them, or minister to them—well, it is a privilege. ~ Sophie Hudson
CONNECT WITH SOPHIE