Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? Still got some gifts to buy? Yeah, me too. So I’ve been looking around and have gathered ten favorite things under $20. Mainly because my kids (all newly married now) decided to set a maximum of twenty bucks in their gift giving to each other. I love this idea. Matter of fact, I’m terrifically excited any time someone tries to simplify the Christmas crazy.
Freaking out or stressing out about buying a bunch of expensive gifts for people isn’t what Christmas is about and it’s not worth breaking the bank to load up on a bunch of stuff that couldn’t even begin to tell people how you really feel about them.
So, here’s my short list to help you add a little more fun to your last minute shopping / gift giving:
TEN FAVORITE GIFTS UNDER $20 BUCKS:
- Spanish Wine Glasses. Four years ago I created a list of ‘ten favorite things under $15‘ that included Spartan’s Spanish Wine Glasses. And y’all. They’re still the exact same price. Just $6. a piece so grab them fast and if you’ve got a bigger budget, add your favorite wine.
- Speaking of favorite wine, here’s an insider tip: Meomi Pinot Noir is at Costco and it’s only $15. My sweet daughter-in-law, Amy, brought a bottle to our lake house Thanksgiving (she discovered it at Whole Foods) and it’s one of my absolute favorites.
- If you know a pie lover like me, this wood rolling pin with a hand-written recipe card for this homemade buttermilk pie would be a fun gift.
- Is it too much to offer another food suggestion? This homemade brownie mix will be really nice to have on hand weeks after New Year’s when you’re people are friendly with sweets again. Just jot down the homemade brownie mix recipe here and pour it in a mason jar like this … I know, you’re welcome. :)
- For your writer friend, a journal + pens is always a win. All my people love these moleskin journals. I usually like Papermate Flairs but my new son-in-law, David, introduced me to these Pilot G-2 Pens and I really love them. And hey, if you’re the least bit arty why not sketch a design on the front like the most darling Sarah Farley of Little Books.
- Fraiser Fir are my favorite Christmas-y, pine scented candles. Instead of buying the larger size in a tree looking tub, I opt for the pretty little white ones. Just head to Hobby Lobby and pick up clear glass votives to house your candle treats.
- How cute is this Metric Cuff? Great for stacking with other favorite bracelets. And good news … not too late to get an e-card from Noonday.
- For the people in your life that live in cold places … this Carthartt Watch Hat is a winner. My cute little daughter-in-law, Amy, had it on her list this year and she’s the darling-est.
- For the foodie who has every cookbook known to man, surprise with this delight: Fanny in France by Alice Waters. I confess, I already bought it for myself.
- Finally, write a sweet note and get a gift card. People really love gift cards. I got several this year for my people to all kinds of places. Because that’s what they asked for and that’s what they really wanted. And so ta-da … gift cards make great gifts. :)
Oh joy, it’s nearly Christmas! Let’s get our shopping done so we can focus on the important part of the holiday: Jesus, family and friends.
PS. If you happen to feel a little lonely or blue this Christmas season, I’d like to encourage you to listen to the Dear Daughters Podcast Christmas Notes.