She’s here and she’s e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e: Spring. :)
Everyone is a bit brighter. The school children zip down my street in shorts and t-shirts instead of chugging along in their hats and coats. It’s pretty glorious here in Austin.
The scent of jasmine drifts around my backyard flirting with the bees. Pots of pink geraniums sit adorning my front door. And the zinnias blanket my front well attracting all kinds of butterflies and hummingbirds. Ahhhhh.
Hard not to feel all whimsy when Spring’s smiling at you. (Or my Emily for that matter. ;)
Here are some of my all-time favorite scents that keep the smell of springtime joy inside…
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- This Archipelgo Arugula Candle candle is green, green, green. It is hard to find in stores so I order online.
- Just discovered Dr. Bronner’s Patchouli Lime Lotion. Super light texture and makes you smell like a clean hippie. Doesn’t overpower. Love it, addicted to it. I got mine at Central Market on Lamar but they only had a couple in stock. Just as easy to order on Amazon.
- Ummm, why did I just find out about Sakura LUSH Bath Bomb? Let me promise that if you buy a couple and leave them in your bathroom, the whole room smells delicious.
- Pink Geraniums. The flowers don’t really smell but the leaves are oh-so-spring. Clean and green and lovely. I buy them up everywhere I see them because soon and very soon, they will be unavailable.
- You know how sometimes women don’t like sharing recipes or the name of their cologne, etc. because they don’t want you to copy them? That’s not me. I wish the whole world of women would wear Bvlgari Eau Parfumée Au Thé Vert in Spring. I shared the smallest size I could find so you can try it. If you don’t like it, send it my way. ;)
- Another completely FABULOUS fragrance is Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin. And the soap is super luxurious. Jo Malone is all about layering and Lime Basil & Mandarin is a perfect compliment to some of their warmer scents. Go for it. You won’t be disappointed.
- Want to make your bathtub sing all things Spring? Dr. Teal’s Lavender Bath Salts. Confession: I travel with these bath salts. Took them to Round Top when I stayed at Rachel’s place so I could soak my tired self in a big old-fashioned tub like this one post antiquing. (pc: emily boone photography)
- A sweet friend of mine always says, “Chin up buttercup.” And recently at Whole Foods I found a blended oil with the name Cheer Up Buttercup so of course, I tried it. It says spring and it says chin up buttercup and all kinds of other whimsy things. So I knew I had to share it with you.
- And last but not least, I’ve enjoyed both of these limited edition Spring scents from Mrs. Meyer’s … the lilac smells crazy delicious. Like my childhood.
Get some Spring on ya inside and out!
Love on your people. Thank God. And have a weekend full of the best kind of whimsy.