I love home. And I confess, I am a homebody.
More than anything, I love the people in my home. And even though my kids have all moved away, I still make my home as homey as possible. Because it’s where Will and I live. And because it’s the space I love inviting people into.
This week, I’ve been doing a lot of rearranging furniture and clearing things out which gave me the chance to feather my nest again. It made me appreciate my home and all the little treasures in it.
Here are some of my all-time favorite home things for the homebody in you.
HOMEY THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- Muffins make thing homey. Sara’s coming in town for her birthday so I’ll make a big batch of her favorite Banana Nut Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
- You know I love candles. (Understatement.) But what I haven’t told you yet is the best place to store candles is your closet. I have a few of these waiting to be gifts but for now, they’re making my closet smell just wonderful.
- Drawer Liners. It’s one of those little things that is such a nice touch. World Market has some that are pretty. But it’s just as easy to cut kraft paper, spritz your favorite perfume and make your own.
- Lots of pantry goodies. I have wide mouth mason jars full of nuts, candies and just about anything else you can imagine. I also have a vintage metal loaf pan filled with Chocolate Sea Salt RX Bars. They’re so delicious. I really don’t like many of the bars out there but these are so good. You’ll love.
- Nothing at all wrong with putting a big ole vintage tub in your backyard. It’s the best kinda treat when it’s hot outside. Throw in bath salts, light some incense to chase away the mosquitos and just soak. Preferably with a lovely sound track. I’ve been listening to Stacey Kent all weekend. Happiest tunes.
- Talked with Tsh Oxenreider this week about her new book, At Home in the World. She’s a beautiful story-teller. I think you’ll like her book about traveling the world and being at home.
- A cuckoo clock. There’s something nice about that tick tock. We received ours as a gift from my in-laws years ago. I love it, it’s comforting. And just when you think all cuckoo’s look the same, check out Myquillyn’s post on painted clocks. She agrees they’re all whimsy.
- PS> I have a disco ball in my studio. Thanks M.
- I strongly recommend a tree swing in the front yard. Everyone loves it. And there’s not a child among us. I snapped mine in Warrenton during Antique’s Week but you can find one just anywhere, even Amazon.
Take time to enjoy your home sweet home. :)
Love on your people. Thank God. And have a weekend full of the best kind of whimsy.