On my birthday this week, my daughter Sara, posted this picture on her Instagram feed and then defined me as ‘the queen freak of whimsy, professional spreader of joy, and mom to anyone and everyone.‘
I have to say that I absolutely love this new bio. I’m going to keep it, I’m going to embrace it and I’m going to keep spreading it. So here are my whimsy weekend notes ~ a collection of things that I hope brings you lots and lots of joy.
Things I loved & whimsied this week:
- How to Find Time to Write via Hope Writers Podcast: I’m going to test out ‘time tracking’ and see if I can get a little more out of my work week. And I’m also absolutely going to keep ‘following the love.’
- Birthday lunch on the front porch with Sara was none other than: The Pioneer Woman’s Bruschetta
- Complete joy over reducing all the hashtag confusion in the world via Chloe Hamaker.
- The only book I brought on vacation this week: Giddy Up Eunice. (Syncs with my ‘dear daughters‘ passion.)
- The Austin restaurant I am craving even at this early hour of the day that I plan to visit *hopefully* this weekend though I’m now post-bday: Bufalina Due.
- Fav new fall nail color inspired via my daughter-in-law Amy’s pedicure: OPI Squeaker of the House.
- The Prairie by Rachel Ashwell is the cozy small town Texas spot I took my girls and ‘dear daughter’ Lauren earlier this week so we could shop the fields at Warrenton. That’s where these lovely photos were taken. You should go!
- And because I love all the writers in the world (I do, I do and we’ll have another writers workshop soon!!) … how about a prompt? Are you ready? Here it is:
If you only had a year to live, what would you spend your time writing about?
It’s your life, sweet people. Slide downhill, enjoy the ride, it’s finally the weekend!
PS>> if you’re an older woman (aka spiritual mama) leading younger women (aka dear daughters) ~ join me on the spiritual mamas FB group!